We’re currently looking for a Maintenance Engineering Intern to join our team. The position will be at the following location Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant and will be a full-time role.
Think you’ve got the internal drive to support the production of great vehicles and join a winning team? Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Apply for this position and start the process to kick your career into high gear.
- Intern will take on special engineering project(s) as determined by the department. These projects are based on need by shop within the plant and change on a year-to-year basis.
- Intern will job shadow first line Maintenance Supervisor and supporting Staff, such as Planners & Engineers
- Intern will assist Supervisor in the following to learn a broad scope of Maintenance tasks required for successful daily operations:
- Shift Start meeting
- Attendance & Payroll entries and approvals
- Meetings with Production
- Work Order follow up, Job scheduling and assignments
- PM system work order assignments & follow up
- High frequency downtime item follow-up; Root Cause Analysis
- Major Breakdown Report follow up
- Shift Turnover follow up
- Walk Shop, utilize visual management skills, 5S, and Safety checks
- Monitor area production status
- Training Needs (area specific) or follow-ups
- Weekend work setup, job plans, material procurements
- Insure area is within budgetary guidelines
- Pull together ‘End of Shift’ reports and distribute
- Hold turnover meeting with oncoming shift
- Intern to fill in for Maintenance Supervisor as needed to cover vacation, training, special project work or time off, when deemed to be ready and with support
In order to qualify for this role, you must:
- Currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems & Technology, or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong organization ability with keen attention to detail
- Be self-motivated and willing to challenge yourself to develop your talents and skill sets
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Overtime work may be required
- Afternoon, Nightshift or Weekend work schedule may be required
We know you have the capability to change the world, and we want you to help us change the future of automotive.
Smyrna Tennessee United States of America