Senior Supplier Development Engineer
Hethel or Wellesbourne
About the Role:
Lotus is in an exciting phase of the company's growth, with new models and markets on the horizon. We are seeking a Senior Supplier Development Engineer to support the supplier risk & development function within Lotus. This involves leading the strategic supplier development activities, with respect to production material supply, as well as supervising & mentoring SDEs and Coordinators.
The role will potentially involve a significant amount of travel, both domestic and international.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, release, and manage processes relating to supplier logistics compliance, for example, the management of inbound quarantine, logistics deviation approvals, logistics non-conformance reporting & rectification, and cost recovery, as well as leading the mitigation activities of all logistics-based supplier non-compliances.
- Act as a point of escalation for any ad hoc supplier performance issues, in relation to the supply of direct material.
- Cooperate with other departments to resolve delivery issues in a timely manner.
- Perform root cause analysis, both at suppliers and internally, to ensure the continuity of supply.
- Represent Lotus across its supply base and maintain healthy business relationships.
- Conduct regular supplier compliance visits and audits, as per the plans.
- Interface with other Lotus departments to understand stakeholder concerns, with respect to material supply.
- Be prepared to support the SQA department regarding supplier quality issues.
Supplier Ratings / Sourcing:
- Provide relevant input to support the Supplier Ratings processes.
- Interface with the Lotus Purchasing Management teams, to ensure consistent sourcing, direction, and consensus.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to all junior members of the team.
- Work to raise the profile of the Supplier Risk & Development Department, with both internal stakeholders and across the entire supplier base.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Degree or a similar qualification in Engineering and/or a Logistics based discipline.
- Automotive OEM/Tier 1 SQA or Supply Chain experience.
- Supplier Audit experience - competent in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SAP/SRM.
- CIPS, or an equivalent supplier development / quality based professional qualification.
- Specific Supplier Development experience in a related industry or 1st tier supplier.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques, for example, 8D, Six Sigma etc.
Lotus Cars is based in Hethel, Norfolk, UK, and is the global headquarter for sports car and hypercar manufacturing operations, the Lotus Advanced Performance Centre and the iconic 2.2-mile test track.
Lotus builds world-class high-performance cars, born out of legendary success on the racetrack including 13 FIA Formula 1 world titles and many other championship honours. In July 2021 Lotus unveiled the all-new Lotus Emira, its last petrol-powered sports car and best-of-breed, and in July 2019 it launched the Evija, the world’s first all-electric British hypercar.
The latest new model from Lotus is the Eletre. Unveiled in March 2022, it has the soul of a sports car and the usability of an SUV. It is pure electric and represents a clear vision of the future ambition of the company.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus, from a UK sports car company to a global performance car business and brand, is laid out in the company’s Vision80 strategy. It states what Lotus will be in 2028 when we celebrate our 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative, and motivated people to join us on our journey.
We offer you all the advantages of working for a prestigious high-tech automotive company. You will find a purpose-built facility; with all the tools and equipment you need to do an outstanding job. You will benefit from our fast-paced learning environment and our track record in designing and manufacturing thoroughbred sports cars over the last seven decades.
What We Offer You:
In addition to a competitive salary, you will have access to the following benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Half day finish on a Friday
- 6% pension contribution
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme, based on your contribution and the performance of the company
- Private Healthcare
- Group income protection based on length of service
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- Family Friendly policies
- Exclusive Employee discount, wellbeing, and recognition platform #ForUSLOT
We reserve the right to close this role early if a high volume of applicants is received.