- £31,000 - £36,000 per annum
- Average uncapped bonus of £5,800 per year (with potential to earn more)
- 5 days a week
- Earn extra with our refer a friend scheme – T&C’s Apply
If you are a qualified MOT Tester join us at Halfords, the UK’s largest Automotive service, maintenance and repair business, where we offer great career opportunities, benefits and uncapped bonus scheme.
- 5.6 weeks’ annual leave
- Up to 50% off garage bills in our Autocentres and 25% off most our Halfords products in our retail stores
- Discounts on everything from groceries, shopping, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Family & Friends Discount Events
- Opportunity to buy a Trade Price Bike & enrol in the Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial planning support via Wagestream - access up to 30% of your salary in advance
- GP Access, 364 days a year, 24 hours a day
- Join the Share save scheme with a 20% discount on shares
- Health Cash Plan – to access wellbeing services and claim back healthcare costs
- Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
If you are a qualified MOT Tester and enjoy being on the road, then join us at Halfords. As a Mobile MOT Tester you’ll be based out of one of our 500+ garages nationwide and conduct tests at nearby garages that need support. Sound good? We’ll cover your business insurance for your vehicle and any mileage beyond travelling to your base location, so you will never be out of pocket doing what you enjoy.
You will be given every opportunity to progress your career at Halfords. Access to hybrid training and IMI approved continuous development will be fully supported.
Skills and experience
- Current MOT Testing Licence (No licence? Other opportunities available for Mechanic’s & Technician’s, contact one of our team on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details)
- Must have a full drivers licence with less than 9 points
- Team player willing to assist in workshop carrying out light vehicle maintenance, when not performing MOT’s
Why join us?
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest automotive service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.