Dimensional Quality Engineer
About the role
Our aspiration is to develop class leading dimensional quality in our products and processes, applying the latest technologies and approaches. The Dimensional Maturation Engineer will drive quality across the production of both products at Hethel. Working closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Operations to drive quality improvements, through measurement data and analysis. Working alongside engineering to improve the product where necessary to resolve complex quality issues.
The role requires strong input all the way through the product engineering and manufacturing engineering processes to ensure that dimensional quality has been designed into everything we do. Throughout the launch ensuring dimensional quality target are achieve through problem solving and data analysis.
Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering relationships are critical to this role; working along side both to ensure the design of the parts and processes embeds dimensional quality into the product. Key relationships within the dimensional engineering team must be strong with excellent understanding and communication to maximise the impact of the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Engineering and Manufacturing engineering team to mature and refine the products and processes
- Support definition of part location strategies
- Plan and deliver maturation activities
- Work with supplier quality and the suppliers to mature part quality
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to mature assembly quality and the processes
- Support problem solving activities during the launch and production phases
- Ensure quality processes are fit for purpose
- Work as part of a team to deliver the project on time, cost and meet the targets
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant automotive experience
- Dimensional / gauging / measurement experience
- Good understanding of current measurement technologies
- Basic GD&T awareness
- Essential project management skill for timing, resource and cost
- Proficient MS office software
- Motivated and able to work autonomously & as part of a team
- Good communication skills, written & verbal
- Cross functional teamwork skills
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle assembly processes & techniques
- Experience with composite materials assembly
- Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Analytical, structured, confident, with good communication skills.
- Skilled at forming cross-functional relationships and teams
- Must be able to work alone and as part of a small team
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
Lotus Cars is based in Hethel, Norfolk, UK, and is the global headquarter for sports car and hypercar manufacturing operations, the Lotus Advanced Performance Centre and the iconic 2.2-mile test track.
Lotus builds world-class high-performance cars, born out of legendary success on the racetrack including 13 FIA Formula 1 world titles and many other championship honours. In July 2021 Lotus unveiled the all-new Lotus Emira, its last petrol-powered sports car and best-of-breed, and in July 2019 it launched the Evija, the world’s first all-electric British hypercar.
The latest new model from Lotus is the Eletre. Unveiled in March 2022, it has the soul of a sports car and the usability of an SUV. It is pure electric, and represents a clear vision of the future ambition of the company.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus, from a UK sports car company to a global performance car business and brand, is laid out in the company’s Vision80 strategy. It states what Lotus will be in 2028 when we celebrate our 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on our journey.
We offer you all the advantages of working for a prestigious high-tech automotive company. You will find a purpose-built facility; with all the tools and equipment you need to do an outstanding job. You will benefit from our fast-paced learning environment and our track record in designing and manufacturing thoroughbred sports cars over the last seven decades.
What we offer you
In addition to a competitive salary, you will have access to the following benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Half day finish on a Friday
- 6% pension contribution
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme, based on your contribution and the performance of the company.
- Private Healthcare
- Group income protection based on length of service
- Paid time off for medical appointments.
- Employee Car Ownership Scheme
- Family Friendly policies
- Exclusive Employee discount, wellbeing and recognition platform #ForUSLOT
We reserve the right to close this role early if a high volume of applicants is received.