Sensata Insights is a leading provider of IoT solutions across vehicle telematics, video telematics, and asset tracking solutions for the fleet and logistics markets. The Director, Operations will play a key role as a member of the Insights management team by leading our strategic relationships with contract manufacturing partners and component suppliers, driving overall supply chain efficiencies and cost reduction programs, and developing forecasts and demand plans with a cross-functional team.
• Drives the long-range strategic planning process for operations by overseeing and managing all manufacturing operations, including manufacturing itself, production control, product engineering, manufacturing engineering, equipment engineering, inventory control, potential materials functions, such as purchasing, and shipping/receiving activities
• Oversees the transalation of customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of company products
• Directs and assigns resources to meet organizational objectives
• Oversee and motivate individuals and teams to achieve breakthrough improvements at all levels in the organization
• Provide a safe and conducive working environment that promotes creativity and innovation
• Accountable for quality and delivery of products
• Drives activities with management team to implement cost effective systems of control
• Oversee customer commitments with production staff to assure top quality and on-time delivery
• Develops operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures
• Drive organizational environmental, health and safety goals and lead effort in manufacturing
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Ability to lead, coach, and develop team members
• Holds self and others accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Base Salary Range:
$148,800.00 - $204,600.00
At Sensata, our employees are the key to our success and growth. We recognize that each individual brings their own unique experience, therefore the base salary range information shown above is a general guideline only. Sensata considers several factors when extending an offer, including, but not limited to, a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. In addition to base salary, Sensata offers competitive medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, along with education reimbursement, wellness programs, a 401(k) retirement plan with Company matching, and a variety of paid time off, such as vacation, sick, bereavement, and parental leave. Certain positions are also eligible for short-term incentive and long-term incentive programs.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
Click here to view Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click here to view our Sensata Recruitment Privacy Statement for China
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.