Are you a student interested in the mobility of the future and curious about life at Volvo Cars? Then our internship program may be something for you!
Each year, Volvo Cars welcomes students as Interns to our site in Ridgeville, SC. Spending several months on our team is a great way for you to get an insight to what life at Volvo Cars can be like and gives you a basic understanding of our operations. It also provides you with a strong network in our organization, which can be of value in your future career. The number of intern positions and work areas varies from year to year.
About the program:
The Student Internship Program at Volvo Cars in Charleston is designed to introduce students to the fast-paced, high tech, and ever-changing industry of automotive manufacturing. In this program students will receive direct hands-on learning experiences and a deeper understanding of working in a global company.
We offer paid full-time work and a safe learning environment, for our interns to practice applying the knowledge gained in the classroom in a professional environment.
More about us:
The factory in South Carolina is currently responsible for assembling the Volvo S60, our mid-sized sedan, and we’re also preparing to launch two new vehicles. Our plant employs nearly 1,500 employees and sits on 1,600 acres of land in Ridgeville, South Carolina, just a short drive from Charleston.
The Communications team is responsible for all internal and external communication with media, our team members, the community, and consumers for the Volvo Cars Charleston Plant.
- Partner with the Communications team and cross-functional project teams to create informative and engaging communications for both internal and external channels
- Create content for digital and print communications using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator – basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Ensure compliance with Volvo Cars Brand Strategy, Visual Brand Standards and Nomenclature
- Draft, edit, and publish news stories for internal newsletter and social media channels
- Support the design and editing of PowerPoint presentations
- Support with plant tours, media visits, community-sponsored events, and other internal/external activities.
- Preferred areas of study: Graphic Communications, Communications, Marketing, English
- Level of education: Junior year of college or above
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (mainly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and video editing in Adobe Premier). Portfolio required for consideration
- Uses professional expertise and skill to capture professional, high-quality images; assignments may include candid images, portraits, architectural structures, abstract compositions, etc.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms; including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
- Adjusts behavior style to match the demands of the situation.
- Listens to others; respects their differences.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally and to act in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively in team environment.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize own work and to manage multiple tasks.
- Positive mind-set and pro-active attitude, must be a self-starter.
- Well-organized working methods and ability to report in a structured and concise format.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.